At Rockwell Green Primary School the curriculum and school values provide the foundation for all that we do. Our curriculum is purposeful and relevant to our children and their lives. Our aim is to engage our children in enjoyable learning experiences which will enable them to develop the skills they will need to succeed in a rapidly changing world. We hope to instil in them a lifelong love of learning and curiosity which will motivate them to flourish. We aim to ensure that all pupils achieve their full potential in a caring and friendly environment. Pupils will willingly take responsibility for their academic, creative, social and sporting endeavours through challenge, achievement and joy.
The curriculum at Rockwell Green Primary School provides a broad, balanced and enriched education, placing high importance on English (including reading, writing and oracy), mathematics and an understanding of the wider world and our local community. We want our children to be confident, capable people, who possess a sense of personal duty and an understanding of the Christian ethos and values to enable them to make the best contribution possible to the community in which they live.
OUR SCHOOL VALUES
Rockwell Green’s Values are at the heart of the curriculum each day and are taught and referred to explicitly through whole school and class assemblies:
OUR PRIMARY AIMS
- To form supportive partnerships between pupils, staff, parents/carers, governors, other agencies and the local and wider community to enable the positive development of each learner’s academic and social skills
- To teach our children subject specific skills to ensure that our children are learning how to become historians, geographers, scientists, musicians and artists of the future.
- To ensure our children leave Rockwell Green with a broad knowledge base embodied in the National Curriculum as a basis for the educational development of children.
- To provide cross curricular links to ensure that pupils’ learning has even greater coherence and depth.
- To create a secure, stimulating and industrious environment which fosters the development of all learners, so that they are appropriately challenged, make good or better progress and achieve their full potential.
- To promote positive attitudes in our school community with an emphasis on respect for oneself and others (their beliefs, culture, home background and property), self-discipline, resilience, cooperation and courtesy, enabling pupils to become good citizens in their own community and in a national and global context.
What does your child learn at school each day? Find information about our curriculum subjects below: